Welcome to our 45th Anniversary Story Gallery

Below are entries in the Share it! Story competition.

We've even published memories and stories from our 40th anniversary Web site just to kick things off!

Check back to see more stories from the Metro State community!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Manea von Griffyn - Current Student

I had never heard of postsecret.com until Metro Student Activities hosted Frank Warren, who started this social experiment of anonymous secrets on postcards. I was very taken
by the idea & rushed home to see more of them. I found one that was pink with white polka dots & had black lettering saying: Instead of cutting my wrists I made this postcard. It haunted me & as a result I wrote a poem called "Cut." A young girl of 17
wrote on my poetry website that because of my poem she no longer cut on herself. I cried. Because Metro hosted this event & inspired my poem, a young woman found hope & strength to stop hurting herself. I have had other Metro students who have tearfully thanked me for this poem. I can think of no greater story than this to give credit to Metro's history!

Namaste'

Manea