Welcome to our 45th Anniversary Story Gallery

Below are entries in the Share it! Story competition.

We've even published memories and stories from our 40th anniversary Web site just to kick things off!

Check back to see more stories from the Metro State community!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Jennifer Goodland

My favorite Metro story is just beginning! After I had a stroke in 2003, I entered Metro for a second B.A. totally unsure of what to expect from myself. Thanks to Metro professors like Laura McCall and the late Paul Farkas, I found a new direction and developed new skills I never thought possible. I went on to graduate school at UC Denver and should go on to a PhD soon.

This semester I am teaching my first course as affiliate faculty in Metro's Honors Department. I'm getting used to my new role on campus and enjoying forming the kinds of mentoring relationships I enjoyed as an undergrad. Teaching is always the best part of my day, and my students are bright, active people who do not take education for granted. I also take courses for a Land Use degree part time. I hope to be a part of Metro's story for many years to come!