Welcome to our 45th Anniversary Story Gallery

Below are entries in the Share it! Story competition.

We've even published memories and stories from our 40th anniversary Web site just to kick things off!

Check back to see more stories from the Metro State community!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Barbara Hughes, 99 - Behavioral Science Program Coordinator

Memory: Always a great day to be a roadrunner!

I was an undergrad student in Speech Communication when I took ANT 101 Intro to Cultural Anthropology in the late 90's. I was so turned on by anthropology, that I changed my major to behavioral science with a concentration in anthropology. I went on to a Master of Social Science at UCD. That one class, taught by an adjunct professor, turned my entire life around. I started in 2006 as Affiliate Faculty, teaching anthropology for Metro and sociology for CCD. I am now the Behavioral Science Program Coordinator for Metro, advising students in the same major that I completed in 1999. I have attended conferences, published articles, worked a Maya site in Belize, and met many terrific people, all of which started with that one class. For me, it's always a great day to be a Roadrunner!