Welcome to our 45th Anniversary Story Gallery

Below are entries in the Share it! Story competition.

We've even published memories and stories from our 40th anniversary Web site just to kick things off!

Check back to see more stories from the Metro State community!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Catherine Brown - Current Student

At fifty-five years young, on the year Metro turned forty-five, I am returning to school to get a degree in Human Development with a minor in Education. I married at 18-years-old and put my education on hold to raise a family and send five children to college. Now that they are grown, and gone, it is my turn to follow my dream. I was ten-years-old when this college was founded. Now that I am living in Lower Downtown Denver, I get to enjoy the privilege of returning to school at this awesome institution. I returned in January of this year, and with a 4.0 semester under my belt, I am feeling encouraged. It is never too late to pursue an education. I am glad to be returning to a school with a great reputation for preparing someone to be an educator. Happy Birthday Metro…I am glad you are here!