Welcome to our 45th Anniversary Story Gallery

Below are entries in the Share it! Story competition.

We've even published memories and stories from our 40th anniversary Web site just to kick things off!

Check back to see more stories from the Metro State community!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Weston Beecroft - Current Student

Memory: "it could be anywhere."

My memories of Metro are many, and the collection
itself has taken on a metropolitan character; but
more than any particular memory of coding in the
Sun Lab or talking by the flagpole, Metro recalls
the metropolis it's in the midst of. I remember
early morning bus rides into the sparkling glass
and concrete oasis looming over I-25; I remember
the multifarious crowds I'd observe while walking
here or there between classes, looking for a new
spot to eat; I remember taking in newly warm
evenings in Spring with the sun recently set over
campus and the clouds still glowing; I remember
snoozing in the grass and playing Frisbee and
foot-bag and campus concerts and new friends and
semester ends, and semester beginnings; and, I
vividly remember the thrill of looking back on all
I'd learned with excitement on where I might head
next while reflecting, "it could be anywhere."