Welcome to our 45th Anniversary Story Gallery

Below are entries in the Share it! Story competition.

We've even published memories and stories from our 40th anniversary Web site just to kick things off!

Check back to see more stories from the Metro State community!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

David Young - Computer Information Systems ‘85 (40th Anniversary submission)

I believe I was a non-traditional student at a decidedly non-traditional school. Working full time with 2 small children at home, and carrying a full load as a young 20-something, it was all I could do to balance my life and get through my classes, let alone socialize or develop my relationships with other students (which I really didn’t). My most consistent memory is sleeping between classes on the grass outside of the library or student center, then getting up and shuffling to the cafeteria to get a cup of coffee to stay alert and attentive through another class.

(reprinted from the 40th Anniversary Our Stories Web site)