Welcome to our 45th Anniversary Story Gallery

Below are entries in the Share it! Story competition.

We've even published memories and stories from our 40th anniversary Web site just to kick things off!

Check back to see more stories from the Metro State community!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Patricia Payne, HPSL ‘79 (40th Anniversary submission)

My favorite story about attending Metro was a conversation I had with my 4 year old daughter. I took her to the child development center at Metro while I attended classes. I would always take her into the center and then park my car. After attending a few months, my mother came for a visit. I was driving her around Denver and we went by Metro. As we drove by, I told my mom that was “my school.” My daughter immediatlely corrected me and told me it was “her school, not mine.” After that, I would take her out of the center for lunch with me from time to time just to let her know it was at “her school, too”