Welcome to our 45th Anniversary Story Gallery

Below are entries in the Share it! Story competition.

We've even published memories and stories from our 40th anniversary Web site just to kick things off!

Check back to see more stories from the Metro State community!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Deanna Hurt - Student (40th Anniversary submission)

Memories and fun stories can be harder to find for us night time students, many of us are working all day and then we rush out of class to get home to our families. Not a lot of time for making new friends and attending events.

Last year my mother in-law came to visit, I wasn’t looking forward to it, work was crazy, school was hectic, and I didn’t really know her very well. I tried to find something for the two of us to do and I found out that Maya Angelou was coming to speak on campus. I bought two tickets and took her to see one of the most inspirational women of our time. After, we went to dinner and discussed the event. We finally had something to talk about and we both had a great time.

I may not have a lot of time to meet a lot of new people at Metro, but Metro managed to bring me closer to my family.
(reprinted from the 40th Anniversary Our Stories Web site)